struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is Action Instantiated Once?
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:42:16 GMT

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Billy Ng wrote:

> Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:21:53 -0700
> From: Billy Ng <kwokng@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Is Action Instantiated Once?
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a address book page that has the previous and next buttons.  I notice if 2 different
users try to access the address books, last one who clicks on the button always get what it
should display.  This sounds very like they are both are using the same Action.

> The address book action extends a ActionBase that extends Strut's
> Action.  Would anybody tell me if Strut will instantiates a new acton
> everytime it is called?

No ... one instance only (just like servlets).

>  Did I miss something on the configuration to
> make it thread dependent?

You're probably using instance variables in the Action class to store
things relevant only to a particular request.  If so, use local variables
or request/session scope attributes instead.

> Thanks!
>
> Billy Ng

Craig