struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: Single Sign-On over several Struts-based webapps
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 17:57:26 GMT

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, António Santos wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 13:36:18 +0000
> From: António Santos <ansantos@fe.up.pt>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Re: Single Sign-On over several Struts-based webapps
>

> Hi Craig,
>
> Thanks for your help. However, I was thinking about several webapps that do
> not share the same virtual host or the same realm. Probably this has nothing
> to do with Struts, but I'm wondering if this is possible to do in order to
> apply it to a distributed system.

You're correct that it doesn't have anything (directly) to do with Struts
-- instead, this is going to have to be a feature of the application
server you are running on.  If it works, it will work for Struts based
apps and for non Struts based apps.

One group that is trying to standardize this (across all container
technologies) is Project Liberty -- you might want to ask there and see if
any containers have provided implementations of it yet:

  http://www.projectliberty.org/

> Thanks,
>
> Antonio Santos

Craig