struts-user mailing list archives

From Riaan Oberholzer <riaanoberhol...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Q] Struts 1.1 & Commons Logging
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 06:55:05 GMT
I just converted a Struts 1.0.2 application to Struts
1.1. The first thing I noticed was the increased level
of logging. I read a few threads and the commons
documentation, but I cannot seem to disable the
logging, or at least set it to another level.

I read the commons-logging.properties file should be
on the classpath - where in a .war file would that be?
And how does that affect my application's
log4j.properties file?

I cannot put it on the classpath of the application
server, as I deliver the .war file as an end result
that should install as is. Thus, no tampering with the
server's settings and files.

And how should the properties file look like? I assume
one entry such as:
log4j.logger.org.apache=WARN
which will set the logging to WARN level?

I found the documentation on this very inclear and
scattered across projects. Any help would be great, thanks.