struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Request/Response Utils future request
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:10:19 GMT

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Andrew Hill wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:39:53 +0800
> From: Andrew Hill <andrew.david.hill@gridnode.com>
> Cc: Struts-Dev <struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Request/Response Utils future request
>
> +1 (& crossposting to struts-dev to try and spark some discussion on
> implementation)
>
> Couldn't agree more George.
>
> I too have come across *numerous* situations where I wanted to override and
> do things a little bit differently for certain cases. And not just with
> Request & Response Utils but also with a lot of the commons stuff like
> BeanUtils, PropertyUtils etc....

You will note that BeanUtils is migrating towards separate objects
(BeanUtilsBean and PropertyUtilsBean), with the static signatures
maintained for backwards compatibility.  This is an important issue for
cases where you want commons-beanutils.jar to be shared across multiple
webapps but not have the beans from each webapp interfere with each other
-- I imagine we will run into similar issues for Struts utilities where
different webapps want different customized behavior for the common
classes.

Craig