struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reusable Components
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:54:55 GMT

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Frédéric Dreier wrote:

> Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:13:02 +0200
> From: Frédéric Dreier <frederic.dreier@uptime.ch>
> To: struts user <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Reusable Components
>
> Hi,
>
> I really need your help and hints... I was not able to found something
> related on internet.
>
> how can i make reusable 'high-level' components? taglib seems to be useless
> for such components (that already use JSP's and actions). Tiles is exactly
> what i need but it does not seems to work if sub-component JSPs are packed
> in a JAR library..
>
> Does anyone has some link or other resources about it? or even has another
> solution?

Reusable user interface components is what JavaServer Faces is all about,
and it can be used with Struts:

  http://java.sun.com/j2ee/javaserverfaces/

One of the features is exactly what you're asking for -- the ability to
package up components, renderers, and the corresponding tags into a JAR
file that auto-configures itself when you drop it into /WEB-INF/lib.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Frederic

Craig