struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PAC pattern (Presentation-Abstraction-Controller)
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:09:29 GMT

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Dos Santos wrote:

> Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:30:43 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Dos Santos <newbie_77@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: PAC pattern (Presentation-Abstraction-Controller)
>
> Are you sure? I've read papers published by the author
> of PAC and she states that they are different.
>
> PAC has a controller between the abstraction and the
> interface (presentation). MVC has 2 interfaces (View
> and Controller) both of which interact with the
> abstraction (Model). I think that conceptually they
> are different.
>
> What do you think?

Do you have some references to articles or descriptions about PAC?  In
particular, I'd like to understand how it might be better (for app
developers) than the MVC paradigm that Struts already supports before I am
interested in worrying about how it might be supported.

If it's not better, then why should we bother?

Craig