struts-user mailing list archives

From guruprasad jakka <guruprasad...@ureach.com>
Subject Validation Problems
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:41:46 GMT
Dear Struts users,

I have done a simple web-app using validator framework.
the JavaScript validations are proper.But in the server side
validations, i have problems.
    Only,the 'required','minlength'&'maxlength' validations are
working.Rest other validators have no effect even though, i
have
used them in the validation.xml file.
eg- validate email-address has no effect even if i enter a
invalid email-address.

In javascript validations, if I enter a invalid email-id , I am
getting a error,whereas in server side there is no error shown.

Here is my validation.xml file .

<form-validation>
<formset>
      <form    name="registrationForm">
         <field    property="username"
         	   depends="required,mask,minlength">
         	   <msg name="mask"
key="loginform.username.invalid"/>
         	     <arg0 key="loginform.username.displayname"/>
         	     <arg1 name="minlength" key="${var:minlength}"
resource="false"/>
                     <var>
                       <var-name>mask</var-name>
                       <var-value>^\w+$</var-value>
                     </var>
                     <var>
                       <var-name>minlength</var-name>
                       <var-value>5</var-value>
                     </var>
         </field>

        <field    property="password1"
		          	   depends="required">
		          	     <arg0 key="loginform.password1.displayname"/>
	          </field>

         <field    property="password2"
	          	   depends="required">
	          	     <arg0 key="loginform.password2.displayname"/>
	          </field>

         <field    property="phone"
         	   depends="required">
         	     <arg0 key="loginform.phone.displayname"/>

         </field>
         <field    property="email"
         	   depends="required,email">
         	     <arg0 key="loginform.email.displayname"/>
         </field>
      </form>

   </formset>
</form-validation>

Please,tell me what would be the problem and how to solve it.