struts-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Takhar <sandeep_tak...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: best way to build a wizard
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:45:05 GMT
Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with
having multiple mappings.  You are doing the right
thing by mapping to the same action and form.  The jsp
can define the action individually.

After reading Ted's book I think of mappings and
actions as just presentation layer components that
help with presentation layer flow, but shouldn't
really care about accessing the business logic.

It is difficult to explain, but I think it has taken
me a 1.5 years of experience with Struts and
re-reading the book to finally grasp the significance
of what he is saying.  Quite profound actually and I'm
not just kissing ***.

Hopefully I am not spilling the beans on everything in
the book, but I highly recommend it for any architect.

So in that sense- Have as many mappings as you like.
Ideally these mappings should not be tied to any
business logic.  So for example if you call one
mapping - you are calling it for the presentation
component that you will present as well as the
possible paths of success or failure.  You should not
be calling it because you know that it has some
business logic that you want to execute.

sandeep