struts-user mailing list archives

From david chan <david_tom...@yahoo.com>
Subject tracking user activities: how to ignore action chaining (or server side forward)
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 03:26:05 GMT
Hi,
 I am writing a RequestProcessor that is a subclass of
Struts 1.1 RequestProcessor, the purpose is to track
user activities, i.e. which link the user clicked,
which page the user requested etc.
 I override the method processForwardConfig, and put
my tracking function first, here is how it looks:

//my code to log user request
logPage(request.getRequestURI());
super.processForwardConfig(request, response, forward
);

 However, there is one problem with this approach,
If there is action chaining (or server side forward),
that will be also logged, but that is not the user
requested URI, and I don't need to log any of chained
action URI or server side forwarded URI.

 Any suggestion how to deal with this problem?

Thanks.
David