struts-user mailing list archives

From "nurkhamid" <nu...@hotpop.com>
Subject Online Multiple Choice Testing System--Struts will be considered...
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:16:50 GMT

I'm going to design a web application. I'll call the great project Online
Multiple Choice Testing System, that could be deployed in my LAN-ed campus.
There will be at least three types of users: guest, tester, testee. Guest
is able to see general information. Testee is able to log in and do a test
of her choice. Tester is able to create, edit, delete, and manage test.
Tester can have more than one set of test. Tester is also able to make her
test as active meaning that it can be used by testee; as disabled meaning
that the test is inactive-inaccessible by testee; as active for certain
time and date period meaning that the test can only be done only at
predertermined time period. Tester is also able to analyze her test items,
such as statistical analysis.

Maybe the fourth type of user will be better, i.e., admin with task to
manage the system such as limiting number of test that can be created by
the tester.

Other possibilities may occur later.

Questions are:
How should I implement the above project (using Java technology) with
regard to should I use struts or not?

What will be the benefits of each approach-with or without struts?

With regard to ease of implementation, because I'm new to web application,
which one will be easier-with or without struts (for a newbie-r)? why?

However, I'm tempted to use struts. When I use struts, what simple steps
should I do to finish the project? Are there similar examples (using
struts) found at the Net that I can cusomize to my purpose? In this case,
I'm going to use MySQL as database engine.

Thanks for your suggestions and opinions.