struts-user mailing list archives

From Dichotomy <dichot...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: [OT] auto convert resource property files to different langua ge
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:15:11 GMT
That, or you can always sub-contract the translation works. Translators are not exactly hard
to find, and anyone who even barely knows the language is likely to do a better job than any
translation program. If the sales people were not complete morons they made sure that each
extra language results in more money coming your way (to pay for the sub-contracting costs
and to give you some profit on it).

--
If education is too expensive, try ignorance.

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:45:50 -0400
"Paananen, Tero" <Tero.Paananen@GTECH.COM> wrote:

> > i totally know the difficulty of language translation
> > so was just curious to find out what the other
> > developers do about language translation, i cannot
> > learn the other language or dont want to spent time
> > translating property files to other language, if some
> > one really needs it i will give him the english file
> > and ask him to translate to his language,
>
> Document the functionality and the process of providing
> support for different languages, then hand the documentation
> to the client (whether external or internal).
>
> If the client is external, I hope to God your salespeople
> included the translation as one of the tasks the client
> is responsible for.
>
> 				-TPP

> This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email
is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.
We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption,
interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.