struts-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Takhar <sandeep_tak...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do I implement a Master/Detail maintenance form?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:33:46 GMT
I don't think there is best-practices specific to
master/detail processing per se.

There are a lot of different ways to do this.  So many
that I don't know where to start actually.

I would look at scaffolding as a best-practices and I
would buy Struts in Action by Ted Husted & gang.

Not a plug, but if I was just starting, this is the
advice I would want.  <assumption that you are just
starting>

One way to do this is to have multiple forms on the
master page.  Each "action" posts to a different form
and the update/read links just point directly to an
action.  An example of an action is "Add" or "Delete".

sandeep