struts-user mailing list archives

From guo yingshou <guoyings...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject question on heavy load website design using struts
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:07:42 GMT
Hi,

I am sure that someone here must have worked on a
large website with heavy load using struts and I
wonder if you'll be kindly enough to give me some
suggestions in this occasion.

I am using tomcat+jboss as application server.I have
setup several tomcat_jboss instances in a cluster
environment and of course I use struts in my
application.HttpSession created in one instance will
get replicated across all members in the cluster.It's
just what I want.The problem is how should I connect
the app servers with the backend db server(s)? If I
use only one db instance,all app server can connect to
it without any problem,but here lies the bottleneck.I
want to use several db instances(preferrably
mysql).How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

Guo Yingshou