struts-user mailing list archives

From Goldy J <goldy0...@yahoo.com>
Subject Multiple row selection
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:59:20 GMT
Hello,
I am facing a peculiar problem . I have a Action Class1 which  gets RS from DB. I set the
elements of FormBean1 and add them into a ArrayList1. So at the end of my Action Class1 i
have a Array List 1 which has objects of my formbean1.

I call this ArrayList1 in my JSP1 and using Iterate tag , is able to get the formbean object
and is able to show it as a row of a table. So effectively one row of my table is an Object
of Formbean1(is it ??).
Now i has this requirement of selecting any number of rows of the populated table in JSP1
and taking them to JSP2.
I have tried checkboxes, multiboxes but couldn't get thru it . I think the problem is when
I submit JSP1 it is submitted as one formbean object , whereas in my case each row is a different
object. So need some mechanism so that when somebody checks it is set in the Arraylist 1 itself
and i can get the value in action class or may be some other scheme which make life easier!!!

Any help is highly appreciated..

Regards
Goldy