struts-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Takhar <sandeep_tak...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Struts MVC framework similar to that of a servlet container?
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:38:21 GMT
there's a lot of stuff it gives you out of the box.

1. solid code
2. validation framework
3. tile framework
4. auto-population framework
5. role based actions
6. xml configuration of all the links or actions of
your application
7. best practices framework bundling (scaffolding)
complete with examples (many years of experience went
into this one).
8. ease of use

I am missing about twice as many things from this list
I am sure...

the servlet container is sun's way of making sure that
what you build is timeless (and works on their
servers...)

Struts solves common problems across every typical
application.  The servlet container does not solve
these typical problems.  Struts is really a pattern...

sandeep