struts-user mailing list archives

From Caroline Jen <jiapei_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: drop-down list help
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:17:25 GMT
Hi, Rick:

     Take a look at
http://www.reumann.net/do/struts/main

In Lesson II, you'll find an example of how to use the
html:select tag

Lesson II-4 Create ActionForm - The UI element for
entering a value into the department field will be a
drop-down list.

Lesson II-6 Create DepartmentBean - This bean will be
used to represent options for the drop-down list.

Lesson II-8 Create EmployerService - shows how the
list of departments is created.

Lesson II-9 Create SetUpEmployerAction - this is where
the list of options is put into the session context.

code:

  Collection departments = service.getDepartments();
  session.setAttribute( "departments", departments );

Lesson II-14 Create employeeForm.jsp - shows how the
html:select and html:options is used to present a
drop-down list of departments.

Note the property and labelProperty attributes in the
html:options tag: both id and description are
properties of the DepartmentBean created in II-6. The
collection attribute is the name "departments" which
was used when the list of DepartmentBeans was added to
the session context (II-9).