struts-user mailing list archives

From Vinit Sharma <mail2vi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Struts 1.1 migration
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:29:41 GMT
Hello Siva
We can use <set-property> as a nested element to <form-bean>. This was working
fine with Struts 1.0.2. The problem arised while I'm migrating to Struts 1.1
What I dont know is that whether we can use such a nested element with Struts 1.1 ?? You have
any such info.
Vinit

Siva <sivakumarv@india.adventnet.com> wrote:
Dear Vinit,

I feel the set-property should be used with DynaActionForm. and the set property will be meaningless
with your own action form. please make sure why you are using this set-property here.

Siva

Vinit Sharma wrote:

> Hello
> I'm using the DTD version as provided by Struts site for Struts 1.1. It is as follows:
> > "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.1//EN"
> "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_1.dtd">
> Is there anything wrong with that??
> Vinit
>
> Siva wrote:
> Dea rVinit,
>
> Please use the propert dtd version corresponds to 1.1 (you can specify the dtd available
in SUN site.) I feel the peoblem is because of improper dtd reference..

> Siva
>
> Vinit Sharma wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > I'm migrating from Struts 1.0 to Struts 1.1. My old struts-config.xml file does
not work properly here. I've defined a form bean as follows:

> > > type="com.temp.user" >
> >

> > I got following error while I start my Weblogic server:
> >
> > javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource path
> > at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.handleConfigException(ActionServlet.java:1035)
> > at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.parseModuleConfigFile(ActionServlet.java:1014)
> > at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleConfig(ActionServlet.java:955)
> > at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:470)
> > at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
> > at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:713)
> > at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.java:656)
> > at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:601)
> > at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:2272)
> > at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:2216)
> > at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadServlets(HttpServer.java:495)
> > at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadServlets(WebService.java:450)
> > at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner.run(ServletInitRunner.java:49)
> >

> > Line no. 1035 in ActionServlet.java is:
> > throw new UnavailableException(internal.getMessage("configParse", paths));
> > and line no. 1014 in ActionServlet.java is inside a catch block of SAXException.
I thought it is due to XML parsing error. May be because my weblogic server is using older
version of JAXP, but Weblogic 6.1 use the version 1.1