struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nagaraj G.K" <nags_struts_u...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Text Box on JSP Page
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:21:54 GMT
Hi,
HTML does not recognise white spaces... so when u try to write some value that contains space,
it recognises upto the point where it encounters a space. So in order to retain the space
what you have to do is very simple

value='<%=expression%>'

Cheers
Nagaraj

Anubhav Kale <anubhav_kale@persistent.co.in> wrote:
Hello.

I want to display a string inside text box on JSP Page. If the string contains spaces then
only the 1st substring upto 1st space is diaplayed in text box on the page. (e.g. if string
is "anubhav kale" then text box displays only "anubhav" )

I use the following code:

 [input]  value = >

Can somebody help me how to avoid this ??

( TEXTAREAS solve this problem but I DO NOT want to use TEXTAREAS as textarea inserts unnecessary
spaces)

Thanks

Anubhav