struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nagaraj G.K" <nags_struts_u...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multi-box: JasperException
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:27:41 GMT
if your code for multibox is a getter method in the FormBean and is returning a class instance,
then the class that is being returned should contain  a getter method for the property that
you are trying to access..
I also saw two bean write statements with same name.. I dont think that would be allowed because
you are trying to create two variables of the same name which would cause problems.

Nagaraj

Swati <swrastog@cisco.com> wrote:

I am getting a parsing exception when I use a multibox in my JSP. The
JSP doesn't compiled.
I am getting the exception at "property="name"/>" in line 5 below. Am I missing something?
If I remove the multi-box tags, line 8 (which is same as line 5) works.

Here is my code:
1. property="items" type="myPackage.item.Item">
2.
3.
4. property="selectedItems">
5.
6.
7.
8.

Exception:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
/WEB-INF/screens/createDevice3Pix.jsp(67,62) equal symbol expected
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHand
ler.java:94)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java
:428)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java
:126)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseAttribute(Parser.java:169)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseAttributes(Parser.java:136)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseCustomTag(Parser.java:723)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:809)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseBody(Parser.java:837)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseCustomTag(Parser.java:758)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:809)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseBody(Parser.java:837)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseCustomTag(Parser.java:758)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:809)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseBody(Parser.java:837)

--Swati.