struts-user mailing list archives

From Nadja Senoucci <Nadja.Senou...@zmnh.uni-hamburg.de>
Subject Re: Question about the form tag
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:44:25 GMT
Hello,

>sounds like you are using many html:form action=""
>
>maybe in an iterate?
>
>or maybe I am not understanding the problem?

Okay, let me try to explain my problem a bit better. I can search for a
certain kind of object in my application. Those object get displayed on a
page - first only titles. If you click on the titles a more detailed view
of the object appears, including a few form elements (checkboxes and a
hidden field containing the objects id) and buttons. The buttons have
different functionality - one is there for to allow people to change the
object. The checkboxes mark the pages of the object data form that should
be displayed (if none are being checked all will get displayed when the
object is supposed to be changed).

Since I can find more than one object, I display a list of them on this
page, I've mentioned. More than one of the objects can be opened in the
more detailed view - therefore there will be more than one form with the
exact same action and the same buttons and the same names for fields...

Now, when I have more than one object in a detailed view - and therefore
have more than one form - and I click a button I have to make sure that the
right form gets submitted or I will get the wrong data... And so far I only
ever got the data of the very first form in the page at that moment.

Is that more understandable now?

Greetings,
Nadja

Nadja  Senoucci