struts-user mailing list archives

From Nadja Senoucci <Nadja.Senou...@zmnh.uni-hamburg.de>
Subject Re: Re[6]: Question about the form tag
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:23:38 GMT
Hello,

>    my test looks like:

>Hitting button 1 gives me the text from the first and hitting button 2
>gives me the text from the second form. Whats the difference to your
>jsp?

My difference is with the buttons. They also have the same name. I have 4
different submit buttons (actually 5 but only three get displayed at one
time) for every object and two more for the whole form. They have each
different names but the names do not change for different objects. And
since my action looks like this:

if(request.getParameter("aendern")!=null){
	//do change stuff
}else if(request.getParameter("deinventarisieren")!=null){
	//deactivate object
}else if(request.getParameter("reinventarisieren")!=null){
	//reactivate object
}else if(request.getParameter("print_geraet")!=null ||
request.getParameter("print_archiv")!=null){
	//print an object (two different print views)
}else if(request.getParameter("print_multiple_geraete")!=null ||
request.getParameter("print_multiple_archive")!=null){
	//print multiple objects (two different print views)
}

I cannot really change the button names for each object, else I'd never
what to look for in the request...

Or am I doing things too complicated here?

Greetings,
Nadja

Nadja  Senoucci
Universitaet Hamburg