struts-user mailing list archives

From "White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD)" <Joshua.Wh...@thehartford.com>
Subject Handling JSP Errors
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:48:25 GMT
I came across a thread which said that I could create a dummy file called
"welcome.do".  I would then be able to specify its location in the welcome
file list as the default page.

Because *.do is mapped to my action servlet, the request for welcome.do
would actually invoke the welcome.do struts action.

Has anyone tried handling JSP exceptions in this fashion?  You could specify
the following in your web.xml

<error-page>
	<exception-type>whatever.Exception</exception-type>
	<location>/myStrutsErrorHandler.do</location>
</error-page>

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.