struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject FieldChecks.validateMinLengths()
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:39:50 GMT
I started using struts validator. I just copied a bunch of stuff from
the struts example and started using that, and found that the minlength
validation actually returns true when the text field is blank.

This was my first attempt and I was trying to make sure I had got the
validator plug-in functioning correctly, so I actually spent a few hours
hunting down the reason why my blank field was passing validation even
though the minlength had been set to 1.

I discovered in the source code that this is normal behaviour - surely
that can't be the case? I would expect a blank field to fail validation
for minimum length. Or is this actually the case for reasons I'm not
aware of?

Thanks
Adam