struts-user mailing list archives

From sander-martijn <em...@sander-martijn.com>
Subject Re: IE 6 SP-1 won't session
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 19:26:48 GMT
I was having a similar issue - check your redirects - make sure you
don't have situations where  submissions are going to a different url
than the redirects - for instance:

user types in mysite.com, is redirected to mysite.com/login.jsp
user submits, form submission goes to mysite.com/access/login
login servlet, upon successs, redirects to www.mysite.com/index.jsp

if you have this situation (others might be typing www.mysite.com so
they wouldn't have the problem) what happens is that seeing that it's a
new url the user gets a new session, a new session id, and therefore is
not registered as being logged in.

there are actually many ways to solve this - here are a few:
make sure all users end up with the same url (using redirects from the
start)
set cookies to work for *.mysite.com (can u do that with session ids?
not sure)
prepend all links with whatever the requested domain name is
use all relative links
use all full links consistently

hope that helps.

.sander

{ -------- Billy Ng was saying -------- }:

>This may be a tomcat question, but I don't find any help there.
>
>One of the customers complains they get bounced back to login page after they logged in
and click on any button.  This only happens on IE 6 SP-1, but not Netscape.  My best guess
is the sessioned cookie never been set so that the app returns user back to login page.  Anyone
have seen this before?

>Thanks!
>
>Billy Ng

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Einstein

sander-martijn <mailto:email@sander-martijn.com>
interface developer | architect
email@sander-martijn.com <mailto:email@sander-martijn.com>