struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Validate() in netscape
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:06:02 GMT
sriram wrote:
> I'm using Netscape 4.7
>
> And the erors here are not javascript.
> Simple validations performed in validate() method of ActionForm.
>
> I'm using an image in place of a submit button (using <html:image> tag).
>
> In case value is not provided for a mandatory field, the validate() method will chk for
null and return an error. This error is shown in IE but not in Netscape.

> What could be the reason? Doesn't netscape support form submission through <html:image>
tags?

Oh I see. If netscape didn't support html:image tags as submit-triggers,
then you wouldn't be able to submit to the server. So what you mean is
that when submitting from netscape, a field that should fail validation
actually passes without error?

Are you using struts-validator plugin?

What validation test are you doing? Show us some code, maybe it's the java.

What is the value of the field that should fail the validation? Try
logging it or System.out.println

Adam