struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: How can I set the defualt selection?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:29:03 GMT
You don't need to submit a form (HTTP PUT) to get a request object. You
can do an HTTP GET, with no form submit in HTML client-side, by clicking
on the URL, but to the servlet container and struts this is irrelevant.
The request object will be created for a GET just as for a PUT.

And struts will also create a form bean for you depending entirely on
your action mapping in struts-config, regardless of whether you did a
GET or a PUT.

GET and PUT are just HTTP internet transfer protocol formats. I believe
a GET has only got a HTTP header, whereas PUT has a body too, which
means you can send more bytes in your parameters. (GET parameters are on
the query string, PUT params are the form fields).

Adam