struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Design question: Confirm action after validation ?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:08:40 GMT
I plan on using EJB but haven't got that far yet. At the moment I am
using a bunch of 'factory' classes as my model, and would like to
isolate this layer from the request, response objects etc in the actions.

So the fact that I get the connection in the base action is a legacy
thing - I thought about changing it and probably will soon, to a
strategy where the actions don't see the connection.  I changed the
database configuration so that the pool is a JNDI resource, but I
haven't got around to this second bit yet because the interface between
the actions and the factories requires more thought as to how I marshall
the data across.

Adam