struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SCAFFOLD] StorageBeanBase feature request
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:24:15 GMT
I'm not using the SQL parts of Scaffold in new development. For new
development, I'm now using Hiberate.

I'm away next week, but later this month, I'll apply some outstanding
patches to Scaffold, and look at providing a direct alternative to the
SQL package using either Commons SQL/Dynabeans, the new Mapping package
in the Jakarta Commons sandbox, or Ibatis. There are just too many other
likely alternatives now to keep this package alive.

Of course, you can always check-out the code yourself and use as part of
in-house development.

The Access paradigm is not strongly linked to the StorageBeans.
Essentially, it's just a facade, and you could use anything you like
behind the facade. (Say Hibernate, for example.)

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted,