struts-user mailing list archives

From Michael Baldwin <Michael.Bald...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Struts, search, and approval...
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:00:00 GMT
I like it... a lot.

But I can't endorse it on behalf of my employer.

Maybe Craig is feeling more adventurous?  :)

Seriously, one way you can look at this problem is by contrasting Struts
with other web development frameworks (of which there are plenty).  I'm
assuming that you've already argued or can argue successfully that
acquiring an existing framework is superior to building your own.

If so, one way to compare frameworks without even getting technical is
by considering the size and activity of the user community, the
availablity and quality of documentation, the rate at which the
framework is improving, and the likelihood that you can buy or rent
resources who are familiar with the framework.

I know that Struts would look pretty good on those points.

Good luck,
--Michael