struts-user mailing list archives

From Yan Zhu <yan....@ipacc.com>
Subject question about ActionErrors
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:59:18 GMT

    It's my understanding that ActionErrors builds a property/message
list based on the Apppiation.Properties file found in the classpath.
Is there anyway to change that behavior so that it can read of a file
that application specifies?

    Also, ActionErrors handles the displaying of the error messages
quite well. But what if I simply want to pass a status message back
to the users based on my action. Is there an equivalent of
ActionStatues?
For example, if I add a user to the db, I want the page to return to the

add user jsp after each add, with a message like user blah is added
successfully. It operates exactly like the errors, except it shows up
when actions are successful.

    thx

yan