struts-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Longwell <listse...@newmedialogic.com>
Subject Re: Populating Drop downs
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:52:32 GMT
The Action is called prior to presenting the JSP only if you've set up:

an action mapping to map the user's URL to a an action
a forward to the JSP
and you set the Action's execute method to return a forward to that JSP

The "entry point" into the action is the execute() method which returns
an ActionForward object. To create an ActionForward object use code like
the following in your execute() method:

return mapping.findForward("name_of_forward");