struts-user mailing list archives

From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: tracking user activities: how to ignore action chaining (or server side forward)
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 03:02:01 GMT
Absolutely. One place to start would be Sun's own J2EE 1.3 Tutorial:

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/index.html

Specifically, there's a section called "Java Servlet Technology":

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/doc/Servlets.html

Also, the Servlet 2.3 Specification is the definitive guide and it's not
that bad a read:

http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr053/

And there's always the Servlet home page itself:

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/

Prashanth.S wrote:
> Hi kris,
> Thanks for the info.Iam a newbie to java and i came to know after reading books that
their functionality is allmost similar.Now through u i came to know that they r different.Thanku
very much for guiding me.Is there any resource present on net that would guide me in this
matter???
> Thanks
> Prashanth
>
> Kris Schneider <kris@dotech.com> wrote:
> Prashanth,
>
> Thanks, but my point was that they're really nothing alike. I wasn't
> asking the questions because I didn't know the answers, I was asking
> because the answers would illustrate some of the differences. If the
> information in the link you provided implies that event listeners and
> filters are almost the same thing then it's horribly misleading.
>
> Prashanth.S wrote:
>
>>Hi Kris,
>>I have studied eventlisteners in a book[programming jakarta struts].I think below
mentioned url will provide u with the required info..

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>