struts-user mailing list archives

From Michael Muller <mmul...@theworld.com>
Subject mapping.findForward( mapping.getInput() ) ?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:41:30 GMT

In Cavaness's book "Programming Jakarta Struts", there is a code sample
on page 188 that contains a line I don't understand.

In the "execute" method of an implementation of an "Action" class, is
the following line of code:

return mapping.findForward( mapping.getInput() );

Doesn't the input have to be an Action?  The DTD says "action or other
resource".  What other resource?  Could I put the name of a tile in
there?  I tried putting the name of a forward in there, but the
validation framework complained that it didn't start with a "/".

Thanks,

   -- Mike