struts-user mailing list archives

From Marc Gibert Ginestà <ma...@cometatech.com>
Subject Re: Struts + EJB
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:04:20 GMT
Varun Garg wrote:
> I would call the SessionEJB from the actions and copy over the contents
> that need to be displayed either in the ActionForm or a VO/DTO in the
> form and then use that to display the information in the JSP.
>
> What is the SessionEJB returning you?? It should be some object
> serializable and that should be able to fit in the ActionForm.

The sessionEJB could return anything, depending on the method called.
 From a Collection to a single value. The initial idea was to make
getters for each value to be seen on the view.

We weren't planning on using ActionForms from the start. At the moment
we're using URLs to pass parameters, like "showdetails.do?category=3"
and getting the value of the parameter passed, in the Action with a
request.getParameter("category");

I like your solution (use the ActionForm), could you provide an example
of getting the category parameter from it and then add the result values
in the ActionForm?

Thanks in advance.

--
Sincerely,