struts-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Bauer <Matthias.Ba...@livinglogic.de>
Subject Re: Workflow Extension: Hurting struts functionality?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:03:46 GMT
I think the answer from Joe already addressed your question very good.

The general problem about extending Struts is the need to subclass the
RequestProcessor.  Thus, two Struts extensions normally cannot be used
together without the one knowing about the other. Consider extension A
and extension B. In order to use both of them, the RequestProcessor of
extension B has to subclass and extend the RequestProcessor from
extension A (or the other way round).

Therefore,  if you want to use some more extensions than the Struts
Workflow Extension, you need to do some coding in order to mash them
together. However, as Tiles is a very popular Struts Extension that is
even made part of the Struts Distribution (but sadly still is an
extension), I decided to introduce Tiles support in version  1.0.2  of
the Struts Workflow Extension.

--- Matthias