struts-user mailing list archives

From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: [Friday] How far can we let the clients push us?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:29:10 GMT

Raible, Matt wrote:
> We had the same requirement from our client - and we actually implemented
> it!  Using JavaScript and the DOM, we're able to add/delete rows, sort by
> columns, have tabs for different sheets - pretty slick IMO.

That is cool.  DOM is unwieldy, but it's an incredibly powerful
mechanism in web pages -- it really does add a ton of control.  What I'm
curious, though, is what was done with this data after the users had
entered it into the spreadsheet -- was every single cell a form field,
or did you implode the cells into a big string and ship that to the server?

Erik