struts-user mailing list archives

From Vilya Harvey <vilya.har...@digitalsteps.com>
Subject Using anchors in action forwards.
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:17:39 GMT
Hi there,

is it possible to use have an action forward URL that contains an anchor?
Something along the lines of

	<forward name="success" path="/search.jsp#results"/>

is what I'm looking for. I've noticed that this works when you specify
redirect="true", presumably because it's left to the client browser to
interpret the URL. When you don't redirect, this fails with an error message
indicating that an unknown resource was requested.

The problem with redirecting to the page is that it then appears to lose the
module information: actions have to be changed to /module/action.do, rather
than just /action.do, which is inconsistent with the rest of the pages in
the module.

Am I missing something obvious here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vil.
--
Vilya Harvey
vilya.harvey@digitalsteps.com                 / digital steps /

--Disclaimer--

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. If you have received this email and you are not a named
addressee, please inform the sender at Digital Steps Ltd by phone on
+44 (0)1483 469 480 or by reply email and then delete the email from
your system. If you are not a named addressee you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email. Although
Digital Steps Ltd routinely screens for viruses, addressees should
check this email and any attachments for viruses. Digital Steps Ltd
makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this
email or any attachments.