struts-user mailing list archives

From Rob Leland <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: difference between Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader() and this.getClass().getClassLoader()
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:29:53 GMT
If I recall this has been discussed in detail back in April 2001, and
again in Feburary 2002,
so you'll be able to get a good feeling for what it means by searching
either the struts-use archives,
or the tomcat-users archive at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&w=4
'Thread.currentThread' is a good search term.

Here is an e-mail from Craig
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=103739031630236&w=4

I believe the way Struts looks for classes works with all containers
that follow the spec.
Any changes you make to the source would tie it to iPlanets/Sun ONE Web
container,
that may be ok for now. Next time you upgrade to a new version of Struts
someone
needs to remember to again change the source code.

It might be better to see if there is a PATCH available from Sun for
their container.

thirumalai.veeraswamy@polaris.co.in wrote:

> [...]
>at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>at
>com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.invokeServletService(NSServletRunner.java:919)
>

>at
>com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.service(WebApplication.java:1061)
>

>at
>com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.ServiceWebApp(NSServletRunner.java:981)
>

>, root cause: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException
>at
>org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:297)
>at _jsps._pages._Welcome_jsp._jspService(_Welcome_jsp.java:89)
>at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
>at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:248)
>

>at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.access$6(JspServlet.java:238)
>

>at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:519)
>at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:588)
>at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>at
>com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.invokeServletService(NSServletRunner.java:919)
>

>at
>com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.service(WebApplication.java:1061)
>

>at
>com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.ServiceWebApp(NSServletRunner.java:981)
>

>at
>com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletSession.internalRedirect(Native
>Method)
>at
>com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSRequestDispatcher.forward(NSRequestDispatcher.java:48)
>

>at
>org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1069)
>

>at
>org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:274)
>

>at
>org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:455)
>

>at
>org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:320)
>

>at
>org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:279)
>

>at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java

>This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended
recipient(s) only.
>If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are
requested to delete this mail immediately.
>You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
>distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other
than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.