struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Rood <wes9...@myfastmail.com>
Subject Re: Defining request parameters in action-fowards (or an alternative)
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:06:08 GMT
I'm interested in other solutions to this as well.

My current solution to the same problem is to store key information in
the session and use that in conjunction with information from the url.
So, using your example, you would store the merchant id in the session
as soon as the user begins working on a particular merchant.  Then,
after adding a new item, the action would forward to a "display
merchant" action, which would retrieve the merchant id from the session
*if* it was not passed with the url.

If the user opens more then one browser window and begins working with 2
different merchants, it gets tricky because they will potentially share
the session, but I think you can take care of that with hidden form
fields.  (ie. if the merchant id hidden in the item form differs from
the merchantid in the session, warn user to stop working in multiple
windows)

Hope this helps.