struts-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Guerreiro <gabr...@maisis.pt>
Subject Validator not working
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:12:04 GMT
Hi,

I am integrating struts-validator in a struts-based application.
Validadion does not return errors in the server-side validation.

Whith this simple test form:

    <form name="ProfileForm">
        <field property="profileNum"
                depends="required,integer,intRange">
        <arg0 key="Number" resource="false"/>
        <arg1 name="intRange" key="${var:min}" resource="false"/>
        <arg2 name="intRange" key="${var:max}" resource="false"/>
        <var>
            <var-name>min</var-name>
            <var-value>0</var-value>
        </var>
        <var>
            <var-name>max</var-name>
            <var-value>999</var-value>
        </var>
        </field>
        <field property="name"
                depends="required">
        <arg0 key="Name" resource="false"/>
        </field>
    </form>

and the same validation-rules.xml as the one in struts-validator.war,
the super.validate() returns an empty ActionErrors.

Other custom validations on the form work.
The javascript validation based on the same rules works.

I am using Struts 1.1 and tomcat 4.0.6.

I canĀ“t find any error messages in the tomcat logs.
Is there a custom setting for validator logs?

This is the ActionMapping:

    <action path="/ProfileActions"
        className="pt.mai.ngin.ags.common.struts.NginActionMapping"
        type="pt.mai.ngin.ags.common.struts.NginActions"
        name="ProfileForm"
        scope="session"
        parameter="method"
        validate="true"
        input="/ProfilesForm.jsp">
        <forward redirect="true"   name="success"
path="/ProfilesView.jsp"/>
    </action>

I have no clue what to check next. :-(

Gabriel