struts-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Geery <geery.and...@doc.state.sc.us>
Subject Re: [OT] Is "jsessionid" specific to Tomcat or generic to all web containers?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:29:38 GMT
It's been standard since at least SRV 2.2. See the servlet spec, section
7.1. E.g.,

SRV.7.1.1 Cookies
Session tracking through HTTP cookies is the most used session tracking
mechanism and is required to be supported by all servlet containers.
The container sends a cookie to the client. The client will then return the
cookie on each subsequent request to the server, unambiguously
associating the
request with a session. The name of the session tracking cookie must be
JSESSIONID.