struts-user mailing list archives

From "Raible, Matt" <Matt_Rai...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject RE: Struts Expandable Trees
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:12:55 GMT
If you're using struts-menu, this has been fixed in CVS.  JavaScript and
cookies are used to remember the menus that should be expanded.

HTH,

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Quinn [mailto:pat_quinn2009@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 2:43 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Struts Expandable Trees

I'm currently developing a prototype using struts tiles for my layout
definition. I want to have a dynamic html tree (i.e.
http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu/dhtmlExpandable.jsp) on the left hand
side, this menu will control the body content.

I'm trying to avoid using frames and javascript as i really like the clean
development process i get from using tiles. My problem however is when i
navigate down the tree and select a node (i.e. request a new view) my tree
resort back to it initial state i.e. root node visible only.

I could use a frameset and refresh only the main content area but this means

using javascript and possibly not using tiles... am i correct in assuming
this or is there an alternative solution???

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.