struts-user mailing list archives

From "Viral_Thakkar" <Viral_Thak...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Direct ValueObject creation rather than ActionForm.
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 05:34:41 GMT

Please let me know the consequences of the approach I mentioned.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Hill [mailto:andrew.david.hill@gridnode.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 10:47 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Direct ValueObject creation rather than ActionForm.

This is quite a common idea that many people new to struts have. There
are
quite a few reasons why your ActionForm and your value object are
different
objects. (Indeed the very reason ActionForm is implemented as a class
rather
than an interface is specifically to discourage people from using their
ActionForm as a value object.) If you search the list archives you will
see
numerous threads discussing the reasons why this is in fact a very bad
idea
indeed.