struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brook, Andy" <...@dolby.co.uk>
Subject Use of ActionForms with ActionForwards - seems to be a non starter...
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:34:15 GMT

Hi all,
I cant seem o get a form to be passed through an ActionForward to a
target Action.

Previously I had multiple Actions, and forms were submitted fine.  I've
migrated the multiple action types I had into a single Action class to
be more maintainable, and replaced existing action class names (in
struts-config.xml) with ActionForward instead.

Now, the validate() method of the associated form gets executed, but the
form does not get passed on to the target 'dispatcher' Action, I get a
null form within the dispatcher Action.

Is the use of ActionForms and ActionForwards not mutually compatible, I
think I've missed something somewhere.  Perhaps ActionForwards are for
routing only and don't handle form submission...

Any clarification appreciated!

Andy.

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message.
If you are not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action
based on this message is strictly prohibited.