struts-user mailing list archives

From Micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Use of Static Methods
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:36:19 GMT
Please give me code showing polymorphic behavior in Perl.  That is a new on
on me.  I think this may be a mistaken claim.

To get polymorphic behavior, you have to have a Superclass type and a
Subclass object and get the behavior of the Subclass, e.g.

Superclass object = new Subclass();
object.run();

This will result in the run() method returning overridden results in
Subclass rather than the results from the Superclass.  This is critical to
the interesting design patterns.  If Perl can do that, I have learned
something.  Perl is not a procedural language? Amazing!

LEGAL NOTICE

you