struts-user mailing list archives

From "Cruz, Edward J." <e.c...@radium.ncsc.mil>
Subject [OT] Ibatis as DAO with SessionFacade
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:11:24 GMT
This is not a struts specific questions but I know several people on this
list use this framework.  I am just wondering how people have handled this
situation if they have run into it.

In our current application we want to utilize the Ibatis persistence
framework.  However, we implement the session façade design pattern using
stateless session beans.  We want the session Façade to use a POJO business
object to access the database via the Ibatis persistence framework.
However, the building of the SqlMap requires a file access that is
prohibited or discouraged when using EJB's.  Since, we use the POJO business
object which uses Ibatis within our stateless session bean we are
discouraged or prohibited from the file access to build the SqlMap.

Has anyone used Ibatis along with this pattern and if so how have you built
the SqlMap?  I see that the SqlMap is usually built in a BaseDao and stored
as a static variable.  I understand that but that assumes you can perform
the need I/O read of the XML file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jamie Cruz
Software Engineering