struts-user mailing list archives

From Maya Retzlaff <Maya.Retzl...@mediacatalyst.com>
Subject RE: Memory consumption 1.1 b3 vs. 1.1 final
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:19:19 GMT
Hi,

Unfortunate no one replied. But I'll try again with more information.

After a bit more debugging, when using the debugger see screen shot.
http://maya.retzlaff.se/debugScreenShot.png, sorry couldn't export to text.
Its a bit censored.

This means that the whole struts-config.xml (a HashMap with 127 elements) is
saved in the session for every user when <action scope="session"> is set in
struts-config.xml. For us with the memory restrictions we face, the 50k that
the strutsconfig takes in memory is very severe.
If this is a conscious design description, it would be very good to hear the
reasons.
If not could we in anyway work with someone to help debug it so we could
submit a patch?

Now when comparing the source files for the different releases we can't find
anything significantly different in any of these classes. And finding where
moduleconfig gets set into the FormBeanConfig is untraceable. Is it done in
apache.commons?

A search in bugzilla either hasn't yielded anything either, regrettably

We are on a schedule and need to have this solved on Weds, otherwise we need
to go back to the 1.1 b3 release. Obviously we would prefer to use the
stable 1.1 release.

I'm reluctant to paste this to developer list due to the usage nature of the
question, if you feel this should be posted on the dev list please let me
know.

Help would be very much appreciated.

/Maya