struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jale...@LABONE.com>
Subject [OT] Use of Static Methods
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:29:14 GMT
One of my programmers asked me whether or not it is OK to define helper
methods as 'static' - and I realized that I didn't know the answer.  So I
guess the question is, in a web application, can common code be factored out
to a helper class and marked as 'static'?  Are there any major problems with
doing this?  I should know the answer, but just can't put my thumb on it
right now.... 8)

TIA!

Jerry Jalenak
Team Lead, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

jerry.jalenak@labone.com

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at the following
email address: securityincidentreporting@labone.com