struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jale...@LABONE.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Use of Static Methods
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:52:32 GMT
I think so - I'm just concerned about the use of instance variables and
having multiple users stepping on each other...

Jerry Jalenak
Team Lead, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

jerry.jalenak@labone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Navjot Singh [mailto:navjot.s@net4india.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 10:47 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [OT] Use of Static Methods

There is nothing taboo about writing static methods. They are good in
solving purpose.

But there is an option -- Singleton.

That will keep you safe. As there is only 1 object of the class for which
you wish to invoke methods. so it's same as calling static methods. (well,
syntax is diff ;-)

You may change the behaviour of class in NO time if
you wish there should be more objects of that class.

makes sense?
-navjot