struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul McCulloch <paul.mccull...@axiossystems.com>
Subject RE: Offtopic: Dynamic Menus and struts?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:25:43 GMT
I'm looking at the very same thing right now. Struts-menu (a seperate Struts
helper package) takes care of all the javascript stuff.

It does have built in support for permissions based display, but I don't
know if supports truly dynamic (i.e. defined in the database) menus - any
ideas anyone?

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: David Erickson [mailto:derickson@cmcflex.com]
Sent: 28 July 2003 17:08
To: Struts Mailing List
Subject: Offtopic: Dynamic Menus and struts?

Hi we are developing an application with struts and tiles, and we'd like one
of our tiles to contain a menu that is rendered everytime the page is
loaded.  And the menus that the user can see are based on what permissions
he has access to.  So we were thinking of using Javascript to do the menu
(only other way I know of is an applet).  But we have a couple fundamental
problems, #1 how to get the permissions from the session object into a
javascript function, and how to get the menu data to the javascript
functions, in the form of an xml file or otherwise.  Has anyone else tackled
something of the sort?  Any help/expertise extremely appreciated.
-David

**************************************
Axios Email Confidentiality Footer
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message,
and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email messages
of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed
in this message are not given or endorsed by my Company or employer unless otherwise indicated
by an authorised representative independent of this message.
WARNING:
While Axios Systems Ltd takes steps to prevent computer viruses from being transmitted via
electronic mail attachments we cannot guarantee that attachments do not contain computer virus
code.  You are therefore strongly advised to undertake anti virus checks prior to accessing
the attachment to this electronic mail.  Axios Systems Ltd grants no warranties regarding
performance use or quality of any attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage
howsoever caused.